Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Logo for the Website: 6


We continue to chip away at our plan. Right now, most of what we are doing consists of talking to people and reading, reading, reading. But we are working on making our website, FarmFront.com, more real. One of the things we wanted was a logo. We had some leftover drawings from years ago, when we were creating a logo for our consulting business. That company's name is Copper Beech Development, although it has nothing to do with land development. It began life as a software development company, and we thought some of the logo mock-ups presented to us had too strong a whiff of land development to them. But, we really liked one of them and I kept it.

After a whole lot of searching, I actually managed to find it. The envelope it was in was kind of yellow and ratty, and the illustration board had an interesting little warp to it. But simply finding it was something of a miracle. I have to confess that I save just about everything, but I never can find anything when I want to use it. Our son Colin, who is 21, worked on a scanned version of the mock-up. He made a few changes, jazzed it up a bit, added the name "FarmFront" and now we're using it. You can see it right up there on the top left. The website is coming along bit by bit. Much is still missing and we keep changing our minds about what should be on there and where, much to Colin's dismay. Did I mention he's doing the site, too?

I've always liked the logo because I thought it was just plain pretty. Now, I see in it both Mother Nature's trees and a family tree. Perhaps I'll hug it, and give it even more meaning. ;)

No comments: